A complete pathway is achieved by successful completion of four STEM courses and either Start Your Own Business or Personal Finance.
Project Lead The Way
The PLTW high school STEM education program provides inspiration to students who will become the next generation of leadership in the sciences, technology, engineering, and mathematics. PLTW’s comprehensive curriculum is a hands-on, project-based program that engages students on multiple levels. By exposing students to subjects that they typically would not pursue, the program provides them with a strong foundation for achieving their academic goals. PLTW students achieve significantly higher scores in reading, mathematics and science and in some cases have the opportunity to receive college credit. Studies have shown that these students earn significantly high GPAs as college freshmen. The PLTW program is a proven path to college and career success in STEM related industries.
PLTW Pathway completion/certification:
- Complete a total of three introductory and/or foundational courses
- Choose a specialization course
- Finish with the capstone course Engineering Design & Development.
- Foundations in Career Tech & STEM
- Architecture & Construction Graphics
- Design & Modeling
- Intro to Engineering Design
- Principles of Engineering
- Digital Electronics
- Architectural & Civil Engineering
- Computer Integrated Manufacturing I
- Computer Integrated Manufacturing II
- Engineering Design & Development
- Fiber Optics (Photonics)
- Robotics & Automation
- Introduction to Electricity
- Electronics and Speaker Building