What is Dual Enrollment?
The Dual Enrollment program allows high school students the elective opportunity to take college courses while still enrolled in a technical center or in high school. Dual enrollment is a great opportunity for students to complete high school graduation requirements and at the same time earning transcripted college credit. Transcripted credit is a documented official college transcript from our partnering post-secondary institution for successful completion in each of the dual enrollment courses.
What are the benefits of Dual Enrollment courses?
- Supports the transition between high school and college.
- Reduces cost of college
- Reduces the time needed to complete a degree program
- Prepares students for success in college work
- Reduces remediation
- Raises motivation and aspirations in students
- Increases post secondary enrollments